When it comes to SEO, blogger is always on a weaker side. On wordpress, you get lots of plugins to automate your tasks but for blogger, you will have to go with manual coding for all type of tweaks.
Blogging is not about writing and publishing only. You must introduce your blog content to search engines in their favourable way.
Meta Tags are typically used to specify the data of a web page like description, keywords, author and others. Meta tags are very important for your On Page SEO optimization as search engine shows your post snippets on SERP's according to your meta data. Meta tags can't be seen on a page as it remain invisible and tell search engines about your content.
Suggested Tutorial: How to Submit Blogger Sitemap to Google Webmasters Tools?
How to Add Meta Tags to Blogger
|Add Optimized Meta Tags to Blogger For Better SEO|
In this post, I am sharing advanced and SEO friendly all type meta tags for blogger. If your blogspot blog don't have these tags then Its highly recommended to add it as it will make your blog more seo optimized.
Follow the below simple steps to Add Meta Tags to Blogger (Blogspot). I am sharing the meta tags for below listed elements.
- Description, Keywords
- Author name
- Facebook Authorship.
Steps to Add SEO Friendly Meta Tags to Blogger?
- First of all, Login to your blogger dashboard & Select your blog.
- Caution: Always Take a Backup of Your Template Before Making Any Changes!
- Now, Go to Template >> Edit Html.
- After that, Click anywhere in the box and search for <head> (Press CTRL+F to search in windows)
- After finding the <head> tag, Copy the below codes and paste just below the <head> tag.
<meta content='Your Blog Description' name='description'/> <meta content='Keyword1,Keyword2,Keyword3' name='keywords'/> <meta content='Author Name' name='Author'/> <meta content='Author Email Address' name='Email'/> <meta content='all' name='robots'/> <meta content='index, follow' name='robots'/> <meta content='https://www.facebook.com/USERNAME' property='article:author'/>
- Replace description with your blog description.
- Replace keyword1, keyword2 and keyword3 with your keywords.you can add more seperating by ",".
- Replace Author Name with the author name of your blog.
- Replace Author Email Address with the address of your author's email.
- Replace USERNAME with your Facebook Username.
Finally, click on Save Template & thats all. You are done with your blogger meta tags.
Before adding these meta tags to your blogspot blog, make sure that they are not already added before. You can find these tags in <head> area of your blogger template. In case, any particular tag is missing, you can add that specific tag.
So guys, that's all under how can you implement description, author and robots meta tags to your blogger. I hope that you added it succesfully.
If you are facing any problem or stucking in any step, just drop me a line via comment and I will reply you asap! Also, don't forget to give this post a share! Happy Blogging!